Re: I am back

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: I am back
Date: 2003-08-25 06:50:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have to decide if I should continue in that role for the project. I
> do think it is important for our visibility and for growing the
> community.

That really should be up to you. Conferences are a great way to lift the
project's profile, and PostgreSQL talks are very popular and well
attended. However, as your email seems to suggest, they're pretty time
consuming and generally pretty far away from home. I was definately
feeling this last year.

To that end, I've spoken to a hand full of people over the last few weeks
and am trying to find time to put together notes/slides for some
prepackaged talks which people can deliver to their local user
groups/conferences.

Thanks,

Gavin