Why does everyone think MySQL is easier?

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why does everyone think MySQL is easier?
Date: 2002-11-28 00:20:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Just a comment on the comparative state of MySQL rather than anything of
significance.

Why do people say MySQL is easier to install and manage than PostgreSQL? I
can't say I've had much difficulty getting PostgreSQL installed and working
from source a yet I've just installed a binary MySQL tarball and it doesn't
start.

Okay, the key is to work on the principle that the instructions are a guide and
not an exact list of what should be done. But then I haven't tried using it
yet.

--
Nigel J. Andrews