strange way to crash

From: "Thalis A(dot) Kalfigopoulos" <thalis(at)cs(dot)pitt(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: strange way to crash
Date: 2001-06-21 21:08:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I tried running the same query twice at the same time from a shell script:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/time psql dbname uname -c 'select * from a_view where condition' &
/usr/bin/time psql dbname uname -c 'select * from a_view where condition' &

The system (linux) hangs after some time and the strange thing is that I can change between vconsoles with Alt+F[1-6] but no other keyboard input goes through <!> hence I reboot.

The query executes fine when ran by itself. Why should it crash if ran twice?

cheers,
thalis