Re: primary/secondary index, difference

From: "Thalis A(dot) Kalfigopoulos" <thalis(at)cs(dot)pitt(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: zilch(at)home(dot)se, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: primary/secondary index, difference
Date: 2001-06-18 15:10:12
Lists: pgsql-general

I was under the impression that primary index is the same as clustered index i.e. the order in the index matches the physical order the records are stored on disk thus making it better when doing sequential accesses.
I assume that this is exactly the use of the CLUSTER command, to actually make a primary index. T/F?

TIA,
thalis