Re: problem connecting from another host

From: "Thalis A(dot) Kalfigopoulos" <thalis(at)cs(dot)pitt(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Frank Miles <fpm(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem connecting from another host
Date: 2001-06-14 21:32:45
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos" <thalis(at)cs(dot)pitt(dot)edu> writes:
> > How about it becomes part of 'pg_ctl status'?
>
> How would pg_ctl know what files the postmaster is looking at?
> Under conditions of messed-up configuration, pg_ctl is likely
> to be just as confused as the DBA is :-(. I'd rather have a way
> to get the info from the PM itself.
>
> regards, tom lane

The postmaster knows what conf files it is reading, so have it spew this info in DataDir/postmaster.opts which is anyway read by 'pg_ctl status'. I don't have the big picture in my mind as you probably do, but it is a fast way to do it. Just pass it in CreateOptsFile() of postmaster.c?

cheers,
thalis