Re: help!

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Jeff Vainio <jeffv(at)misconsult(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help!
Date: 2001-05-04 17:47:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Jeff Vainio wrote:

> Hello! I am a Technical Recruiter with MIS Consultants in Toronto Canada and I desperately need to find 2 POSTGRES DBA's for our Toronto client on a 3-4 month renewable contract, open $$$ based on experience.
>
> How do I go about finding these guys?

Jeff --

The *-hackers list is not the appropriate forum for this. This is for
discussion of developing PostgreSQl, and for kvetching about users, and
things like that. :-)

. There's a web page at techdocs.postgresql.org about people looking for
PG consultants.

. Call Great Bridge (greatbridge.com) or PostgreSQL Inc. (pgsql.com) they
both are commercial companies providing PG support. They might be able to
shake loose someone. PG Inc. is in Canada, so they might be a great bet.

. A short message to pgsql-general would get everyone's attention. I'm not
sure how people feel about these kind of notices, though -- so, keep it
short, and obviously titled. "help!", for instance, should become "Seeking
PostgreSQL DBAs in Toronto, Canada"

--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>