Re: UnixWare 7.1.1b FS

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: UnixWare 7.1.1b FS
Date: 2000-10-21 17:34:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman writes:

> OK, then please allow --with-CC and --with-CXX. I tried it, and it
> didn't honor the --with-CXX option. Please also document same in
> ./configure --help.

The C compiler is chosen with the CC environment variable. That is
documented.

The C++ compiler can be chosen with the CXX environment variable, which is
not documented, because it's usually not a good idea (shared library
problems, really a bug). Instead the template file should set the CCC
variable to pick the preferred C++ compiler. See for example how hpux or
solaris do it.

And the --with-CXX option is honored, but only if you don't override it in
the template file. :)