Re: PostgreSQL-JDBC correct URL

From: Silvio Macedo <s(dot)macedo(at)ic(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Haroldo Stenger <hstenger(at)adinet(dot)com(dot)uy>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL-JDBC correct URL
Date: 2000-04-11 11:56:10
Lists: pgsql-general

This is what I use for JDBC:

(There are other ways. Read the jdbc documentation OR the source
directly. There are MANY examples, and the docs are more than enough.

Did you read them ?!

)

final public static String DBURL =
"jdbc:postgresql://host.domain:5432/dbname";

final public static String driverName =
"postgresql.Driver";

// The postgresql.jar must be in classpath
Class.forName(driverName);

java.sql.Connection connection =
DriverManager.getConnection(DBURL,username,password);

Cheers, Silvio

--
``````````` Silvio Emanuel Nunes Barbosa de Macedo (PhD Std) '''''''''''''
smacedo(at)ic(dot)ac(dot)uk smacedo(at)inescn(dot)pt