Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu
Date: 2000-02-19 14:12:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2000-02-18, Tom Lane mentioned:

> Or were you talking about a server-side env variable? That could work
> I guess, but I thought you were intent on eliminating env-var
> dependencies in initdb and postmaster startup ... for good reasons ...

Yes, as you noticed.

I don't mind postmaster startup environment variables that much. The ones
for initdb were much more evil. This really seems to be an item for the
Grand Unified Configuration File, but until that happens it's easier to
have a dozen of orthogonal environment variables than having to reorganize
this whole thing later on.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala