Re: Ridicolus Postgresql review

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)tincan(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ridicolus Postgresql review
Date: 2001-09-12 14:36:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Does anyone know anything about this SQL*Net compatible thing which we
> are supposed to be developing according to the article?

Haven't read the article but from my Oracle days SQL*Net is the thingy
that lets you connect to multiple instances/databases from one
session(?).
In fact if memory servers me correct it allows RI based on tables on
a remote server. There was a command that allowed you to create a
database connection in the current 'instance' to other instances or
remote databases.

Cheers,
Rod
--