Printable report generation

From: SMJ <meebus(at)stark(dot)51glen>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Printable report generation
Date: 2001-08-14 08:15:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm currently in the progress of setting up a databasing system for a
sales company, using a pure Linux / Postgresql solution. I've
traditionally used MS Access 97 for the setup of similar systems, and have
yet to work out one problem -

What is a viable way to generate printable 'reports', in a similar fashion
provided by MS Access?

For example, say I've got a postgresql database of client information
(names, addresses, etc.), and I want to use this information to generate
envelopes for mailouts. As far as my understanding goes, such
functionality is not provided by postgresql itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Steve Jender