Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)tincan(dot)org>
To: Marcelo Pereira <gandalf(at)sum(dot)desktop(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd
Date: 2001-07-23 12:16:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Marcelo Pereira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> But I wouldn't like to port my php code. I really would like to make
> another interface. I would like to experience C... but I dunno where
> to start.

I thought PHP was as server side scripting language. So you would only
have to clean up any stuff that relied on graphics to make it work with
a text based browser.
I just tried lynx going to a site I know uses PHP and it worked fine.
Only problem was the site used frames. (For some reason links stopped
working on my home system - too many upgrades that appear to have broken
some libraries - so I could not try it.) But otherwise it worked fine I
just selected the main frame and went right into the site.

Rod
--
Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...
Don't try. Do it or don't do it ...

Don Aslett