Re: duplicate key ? (fwd)

From: Sungchul Park <scpark(at)gen128(dot)com>
To: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: duplicate key ? (fwd)
Date: 2000-10-21 05:34:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for your answer.

> And that's strange. I'm not sure about encodings, never used them....
According to my last test. It seems not to be a solution changing encoding of
database. I've created new test database with SQL_ASCII encoding and got same
result.

> Probably you should use another datatype to textual attributes?
Same. I've tried CHAR and TEXT. It didn't solve my problem.

> It's very likely that when you're trying to enter 'hbcol', an escape
> sequence is
> entered (2 bytes), and then each ASCII char also takes two octets.
> Hmmmm.... So, it's truncated? If so, then with the first insert only escape
> sequence and 'hbc' is inserted and this causes duplication for the second
> insert?

I don't think so. I've tried to insert other code 'hbcog'. It caused no error.

> Just a wild speculation. Someone with more experience would be more
> helpfull.

thanks again.

Park, Sungchul / mailto:scpark(at)gen128(dot)com
gen128, inc. - The internet company powered by open source.
http://www.gen128.com / Voice : +82-2-3017-0128 / Fax : +82-2-3017-1128
238-9 poi kangnam, #601 poongjoen bldg., Seoul 135-250, Republic of Korea