Re: Re: URL Type

From: <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: K Parker <kparker(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: URL Type
Date: 2000-10-07 00:15:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, K Parker wrote:

> But MS Access is _both_, remember? The question
> came up when migrating from Access talking to
> its own local Jet database to Access talking
> to pgsql via odbc. I'm not sure there is a
> way to tell Access to consider a particular
> text field in a remote ODBC data source to
> be a hyperlink...

I don't think there is... unless you create a saved query and have a
calculated field that takes the ODBC data and typecasts it to the
hypertext datatype, if such a thing is possible.

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.chapelperilous.net
Men aren't attracted to me by my mind. They're attracted by what I
don't mind...
-- Gypsy Rose Lee