psql \i

From: Richard Harvey Chapman <hchapman(at)3gfp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql \i
Date: 2000-07-12 18:26:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a text file of SQL commands which contains tabs. I used to be able
to import it using psql using "\i file.sql". Now, I've upgraded to 7.0.2
and it treats the file as if I'm entering it all in manually. It treats
the tabs as completion commands.

CREATE TABLE alpha (
<TAB>num<TAB>SERIAL PRIMARY KEY
);

will return a syntax error at PRIMARY because it sees the following:

CREATE TABLE alpha (
numSERIAL PRIMARY KEY
);

Is there something new that I have to do?

(besides converting the tabs -- if all else fails, I'll do that)

R.