Re: Parallel databases?

From: Colin Smith <colin(at)yelm(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parallel databases?
Date: 2000-04-15 06:59:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, A James Lewis wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to keep 2 databases in sync?
>
> Ideally updates need to be made to both... this can't be too uncommon a
> requirement..... any kind of HA would need it....

I believe the drbd system can do this across a LAN. I haven't looked in
detail at it. You should be able to find info on the linux-ha.org site. I
know it mirrors blocks across multiple servers but I have no idea how well
it handles locking etc.

--
|Colin Smith: Colin(dot)Smith(at)yelm(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk | Windows 2000 |
|Configuration management library for Unix/Linux | AKA |