Re: prob with PERL/Postgres

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kate Collins <klcollins(at)wsicorp(dot)com>, kris(at)grinz(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: prob with PERL/Postgres
Date: 2001-08-07 11:42:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Thomas Good <tomg(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org> writes:
> > Kate, he uses a diff module by the same author (Edmund Mergl) but with
> > a very diff syntax. The advantage of the DBI - Kris, if you're
> > interested - is that the syntax is much like ESQL/C and the code is
> > much more portable. For example I use DBI to access both pg and
> > oracle.
>
> DBI is a good alternative, but is unlikely to act much differently as
> far as connection problems go.

You know Thomas, after I build Pg (including 7.1.2) and fire up initdb
there comes a message about starting the db with -D and the location of
the datafiles. Nothing about using -i...it might be good to include,
no?

Cheers,
Tom

SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
Programmer/Analyst Phone: 718-354-5528
Residential Services Mobile: 917-282-7359
/* Die Wahrheit Ist Irgendwo Da Draussen... */