notice on transaction abort?

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: notice on transaction abort?
Date: 2001-01-18 21:27:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

I realized that an error will abort a transaction all the time.
Unfortunately I usually send millions of rows of INSERTs in a transaction
and if there is some error in the middle of the code I got the message
if I try to INSERT a new row:

NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block
*ABORT STATE*

OK, this is a nice feature. But I sometimes make mistakes at the end of
the transaction and I got no such message. There is no easy way to find
out if there was an aborted transaction or not. Can I consider this as a
bug? Probably not, but I suggest dropping something similar immediately
after aborting. Your opinion, please? :-)

Regards, Zoltan