Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Part II

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <apendleton(at)vgsinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Part II
Date: 1999-05-08 14:43:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Okay, I downloaded 6.5 postgreSQL and installed it. Then I went into the
> jdbc directory, set my PATH and CLASSPATH to point to jdk 1.1.7 and built
> the interface. Then I changed my PATH and CLASSPATH to point to JDK 1.2. I
> typed `make` again. The build went fine. Then I built my test program that
> uses JDBC and ran it and got this error:
>
> Exception caught: The postgresql.jar file does not contain the correct JDBC
> classes for this JVM. Try rebuilding.
> Exception thrown was java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> postgresql.jdbc2.Connection
>
> What did I do wrong? When I compile and run the program with the JDK 1.1.7
> it runs fine.

There is an issue with some JVM's where the java.version property doesn't
begin with a version number (usually they have a date).

When running under JDK1.2, try it with -Djava.version=1.2

ie:

java -Djava.version=1.2 my.class

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk