RE: [GENERAL] Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"

From: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
To: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"
Date: 1999-05-03 19:45:01
Lists: pgsql-general

> drop table mytemp;

pg_ownercheck: class "mytemp" no found

> and then recreate mytemp. The existence of mytemp in your data directory
> indicates that it has already been created. Make sure no other object is
> named mytemp? Try a different table name? Sorry, I am all out of
> suggestions.

The first time I try to create a table the backend closed the channel
unexpectedly. After that point, if I try to create that table after that I
get the "ERROR: cannot create XXXXXX" message. At least the pattern has
emerged.

Thanks for looking into it.

I don't suppose there's a place I can look for postmaster error messages?
I haven't seen anything written to my system log files.

Bruce Tong | Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer | Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE |
zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net | -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century