Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"

From: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"
Date: 1999-05-03 18:48:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I've been using PostgreSQL for a while on a project, and I needed to drop
into psql just to try out some SQL to use in a program. Turns out
everytime I try to create a simple table, it fails, but not in the same
way...

CREATE TABLE mytemp
(
id integer unique not null,
mystr varchar(50)
);

Variation #1 says "ERROR: cannot create mytemp"

Variation #2 says "pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly."

I even destroyed and recreated the database thinking I've messed that up.
I've also restarted the postmaster.

I've probably forgotten something obvious, at least I hope that's the
case, but since its had me stumped for 30 minutes I thought I'd ask for
help. I'm using version 6.4.2.

Bruce Tong | Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer | Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE |
zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net | -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century