Backup up database

From: Brian <signal(at)shreve(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backup up database
Date: 1998-09-17 19:24:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I am wanting to make a nightly dump/backup of our database in case
something happens to it. I'll probably run the backup right before I
vacuum each night.

Is their a command I can type that will dump the entire database, complete
with relations and data, so that if something did happen to it, It could
be 100% restored?

Brian

Brian Feeny (BF304) | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal(at)shreve(dot)net | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109 | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1