Re: [SQL] qurey plan and indices

From: MESZAROS Attila <tilla(at)chiara(dot)csoma(dot)elte(dot)hu>
To: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222(at)redrose(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] qurey plan and indices
Date: 1999-08-05 14:51:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

> LIKE '%something%'
> (which means, the field contains 'something' somewhere in the field)
I should have to remove that % sign...
this is not the real problem, bceause the subquery alone with
booth the % signs responds faster than a second.

I think the real problem is that, the subquery is evaluated 3575
times :((((

If you see the plan of the direct manul query in my previous mail
you will see that there is no sequential search at all....

what makes the difference????

Attila