Re: [INTERFACES] crypt error

From: Philippe Chaintreuil <peep(at)thefront(dot)com>
To: Ahmad Munif <munif(at)dnet(dot)net(dot)id>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] crypt error
Date: 1999-07-10 11:01:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Ahmad Munif wrote:
> i've already compiled postgresql 6.5.
> i'd a problem when i run pgaccess.
> always appeared error messages :
>
> " Error in startup script : couldn't load
> file "libpgtcl.so"; /usr/local/pgsql/libpgtcl.so :
> undefined symbol :crypt "
>
> how to fix it ?

Make sure you link to the crypt library too. For instance, I use
g++, and to compile the Postgres program I'm working on, the command line
is:

g++ test.cpp -o test.cgi -lpq -lpq++ -lcrypt

Where test.cpp is my source file, test.cgi is the executable I
want, and -lpq, -lpq++ and -lcrypt are the Postgres libraries I need for
Postgres to work right. If this doesn't clear it up enough, write back.

-- Philippe Chaintreuil
peep(at)thefront(dot)com