Re: [GENERAL] Opening two databases at the same time?

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: De Leersnijder Frederic <frederic(dot)de(dot)leersnijder(at)pandora(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Opening two databases at the same time?
Date: 1999-04-13 23:27:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, De Leersnijder Frederic wrote:

> > Is there a way, or is it possible to open two databases at the same time
> > to retrieve information from one database and store it in the other?
>
> I did it one of my programs - I open a database that stores WWW log,
> process some data, open another DB, put some data in, and close both DBs.
> I am using Python as the programming language, and PyGres
> (Postgres=>Python driver) uses libpq, so any libpq-based program will do.
>
> Oleg.

Oleg - I have done it in perl (using DBI:DBD) without much effort.
If you don't localize variables (using my or local) it is particularly
painless.

Frederic - if you want I'd be pleased to send some syntax...tot straks!

Tom
----
North Richmond Community Mental Health Center

Thomas Good Information Systems Coordinator
E-Mail: tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
Phone: 718-354-5528
Fax: 718-354-5056

Empowered by PostgreSQL 6.3.2