ERROR: heap_fetch: xinv19073 relation: ReadBuffer(81aeefe) failed

From: Ian Grant <I(dot)A(dot)N(dot)Grant(at)damtp(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: heap_fetch: xinv19073 relation: ReadBuffer(81aeefe) failed
Date: 1999-01-30 12:45:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello PostgreSQL Hackers,

I get this error with the attached program. Is this a bug or is it that
I'm doing something totally stupid?

The program opens a connection, starts a transaction, creates a large
object with mode INV_READ | INV_WRITE, opens it with the same mode, calls
lo_write five times with a single 'X', calls lo_lseek to seek to position
1, calls lo_write to write a single 'y', then calls lo_lseek to seek to
position 3 and writes another 'y', then calls lo_close and finally ends
the transaction. The error happens when I write the second 'y'.

I have attached a trace to this message too.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Ian

Attachment Content-Type Size
testloseek.c text/plain 2.7 KB