Re: [GENERAL] Getting input from email...

From: Benjamin Gonay <us066182(at)ltlg1(dot)is(dot)belgacom(dot)be>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Getting input from email...
Date: 1998-10-26 18:42:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Dan Delaney wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'd like to set up a DB using postgreSQL to archive a
> mailing list. How would I go about getting all of the mail
> sent to the list to be automatically entered into the
> database when it is sent? I assume I would need to set up an
> email address for the list to send to, something like
> "archive(at)blahblah(dot)org", but what would I need to do to get
> it into the database? Something in sendmail? Use procmail?
> Any ideas?
>
> --Dan

I'm using procmail to treat some incoming mails, and i'll never
though to use it to 'import' incoming mails into a database system,
but this is a very great idea... :-) Procmail is very easy to
use an to install. All the work is done by the script behind procmail.
So, with a bit of imagination (for the SQL script), this would'nt be
very hard to implement. I can provide you more info about procmail
(out of this mailing list, of course). Contact me if you want more
about this.

Thanks for your idea...!!! :-)
Cybersalutations.
Benjamin Gonay
_/ Email internet : Benjamin(dot)Gonay(at)ltlg1(dot)is(dot)belgacom(dot)be _/
_/ ~~ Soyons realistes, exigeons l'impossible. (E. Che Guevara) ~~ _/
_/ linux forever...Linux Forever...LINUX Forever...LINUX FOREVER !!!!! _/