Re: [HACKERS] date format: Canada same as European or US?

From: teunis <teunis(at)mauve(dot)computersupportcentre(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] date format: Canada same as European or US?
Date: 1998-01-15 22:45:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Can someone comment on this? For an SQL server in Canada, should we be using
> European format? *raised eyebrow* I'm currently using the default (US) format

Yes - Canada follows european dates, spelling, and measurement system.
I guess it's a matter of choice though... I think how the US spell
"colour" is weird for instance.... and reading their dates is a pain.
(also I prefer tea with a little bit of milk and sugar... haven't a clue
where that's from :)

So how do I setup postgres for Canada? *curious?*

> > mmddyy is proper ISO/SQL format for north america...we went through a major
> > discussion as to the differences, because European dates are *totally* different :(
>
> Yes canada is supposed to be the same as europe being date/month/year
> as in small > large while americans go month day year which is no
> order at all...

G'day, eh? :)
- Teunis ... trying to catch up on ~500 backlogged messages
here...