Re: [ADMIN] my postgres.init file

From: Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com>
To: Vance Greenway <vance(at)ricochet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] my postgres.init file
Date: 1999-01-10 02:11:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Vance

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Vance Greenway wrote:

> when i execute my posgres.init file, it asks for a password per the su
> command that is in it, but does not pause for a password to be entered
> and consequently cannot launch the postmaster. is there an obvious fix,
> or even an obscure one to help this newbie out?

That file is ment to be run at boot time, that is, to be run as root.
Are you trying to run it as other then root or postgres?

Have a great night, home that helps
Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com> http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3.x, PHP 3.x, PostgreSQL 6.x
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Pitino, get it, read it!