Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]

From: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]
Date: 1998-07-22 16:23:54
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> > > I just tried it for the first time last week. It failed to perform a
> > > simple query. I need to double check my work yet. The Oracle ODBC driver
> > > has _probably_ been around for a while and has _probably_ been better
> > > tested perhaps simply by raw numbers of users.
>
> I bet he has the old PostODBC driver -OR- there is a configuration
> issue. If the version of the driver he has begins with dot (like .21
> or .30), its ancient.

> The latest version of the odbc driver at
> http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc is 6.30.0247.

While I was initially fooled by the old driver months ago, I have
v06-30-0247 according to the installer, postdrv.exe. I got this from the
web site you quoted.

I'm fairly certain I can recreate the circumstances, and I'll try to do so
today. I assume the "Interfaces" list is the place for this discussion.

Bruce Tong | Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer | Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE |
zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net | -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century