Palloc library

From: Konstantinos Vassiliadis <vassilik(at)p03(dot)cs(dot)man(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Palloc library
Date: 1998-07-10 18:33:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I wrote a user-defined function and inside the source make use of palloc.
Somebody from the novice mailing list told me that the "palloc" source is
included in libpq and therefore I have included "libpq-fe.h" as the
documentation says. The program compiled fine.
However, today I read in the FAQ Section 4.2 :
When writing user-defined functions, do not include the file
"libpq-fe.h". Doing so will cause your palloc to be a malloc instead of a
free.
Which one is right?

Kostas Vassiliadis