Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for async support in libpq

From: Peter T Mount <psqlhack(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for async support in libpq
Date: 1998-04-18 10:40:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> Wasn't the problem with OOB data that java doesn't support this? I
> remember that OOB data has come up before on this list a long time ago,
> and that at that time some java bloke (peter?) started to complain :)

I said at the time, that I wasn't certain that Java did or didn't support
it. Since then, I have noticed references to it, but I've lost them since.

I'm delving into the docs as I type, looking for this.

--
Peter T Mount petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder