inheritance

From: Bernhard Matthias Ertl <ertl(at)delos(dot)dbs(dot)informatik(dot)uni-muenchen(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: inheritance
Date: 1998-05-29 18:09:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

only two short questions:
+ does the postgresql 6.2.1 already support inheritance and
+ if I have the tables cities and capitals (like in the tutorial), how can
I add attributes of a city to a capital? Before the capital attributes,
after the capital attributes or do I have to insert a capital citiy into
the table city as well as into the table capital?

Thanx, Bernhard

* Bernhard Matthias Ertl * email: ertl(at)bigfoot(dot)com *
* Calslaan 1-107 * *
* NL-7522 MH Enschede * ertl(at)edupsy(dot)uni-muenchen(dot)de *
* Tel: ++31 53 489 5001 * *