View to other Tablespace?

From: Holger Mitterwald <mittehlg(at)coi(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: View to other Tablespace?
Date: 1998-07-14 09:46:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I really do have a little bit a problem:
I have created a database and filled this with a huge amount of data. This
data is used in several applications. I don't like to copy the data to all
the other databases to use it in joins and I think it is waste of
diskspace anyway.
My idea was to create a view or a rule to "map" the tables to the other
databases.

Is this possible at all? How should this be done then?
Or is it possible to create a symbolic link on the filesystem to the
tablespace? (the data is used readonly) to get the same effect?

TNX

So long,
Holger