Excellent Optimizer!

From: Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb(at)eskimo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Excellent Optimizer!
Date: 2003-04-10 19:42:48
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know if there's a separate list for this (like pgql-thanks), but I
just wanted to compliment everyone who put time into the Query optimizer
for 7.3! I just finished following Tom Lane's advice to upgrade (because
of factoring where's through UNION clauses). I just want to say YOWEE!
Now my queries move so fast it's hard to see them.

Thanks for all the hard work. You guys are the best.

Jon