Re: Are indexes blown?

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Phoenix Kiula <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Are indexes blown?
Date: 2008-02-16 05:41:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> The top output shows httpd on top, and sometimes postmaster, but I don't
> know how to repeatedly capture it. Any suggestions?

Try this:

top -bc | tee topdata

That will save everything to a file called topdata while also letting you
watch it scroll by. Not as easy to catch the bad periods that way, the
output is going to be a huge data file, but you'll have a log to sort
through of everything. Control-C to get out of there when you're bored.