solaris

From: Xinyu Hua <xhua(at)cse(dot)ucsc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: solaris
Date: 2003-10-04 03:31:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,all
I am installing postgresql on solaris. It compiled correctly. When I
issued command gmake check to make tests, it failed to start postmaster.
The log shows the error message: the requested shared memory
exceeded the default setting. And it failed to "make install" either. How
can I work around this? I do not have the right to change to default
setting in Kernel. How to reduce the requested shared memory?

Thanks in advance.
Xinyu

  • Re: solaris at 2003-10-04 22:54:36 from Peter Eisentraut