Re: Problem connecting with PHP in OS X

From: Antti Haapala <antti(dot)haapala(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: Eric Marsh <emarsh(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem connecting with PHP in OS X
Date: 2003-03-08 16:17:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Eric Marsh wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> Does anyone have any idea why host=localhost is breaking my connection?
> Is there a configuration value I should be setting?

I don't know about PHP but usually specifying explicitly host=localhost
will try to connect via TCP/IP on localhost:5432, while default action
is to connect to local "unix domain" socket.

Localhost itself is a regular hostname, which usually should map to
loopback ip 127.0.0.1.

Check out PostgreSQL documentation for pg_hba.conf to allow TCP/IP
connections from localhost.

Also, postgresql.conf should contain line

tcpip_socket = on

--
Antti Haapala