postmaster crashing the server in 7.0.2

From: Travis Bauer <trbauer(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postmaster crashing the server in 7.0.2
Date: 2000-07-13 14:49:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Sometimes when I send an sql command to postmaster from a trigger written
in c, the postmaster starts to eat up an all the processor time, and it
becomes necessary to phycially turn off the server. I can execute the
same command from a script, or within psql and it works fine.

I suspect it has to do with the lenght of the sql statement. Is there a
limit to the length of a sql statement that you can send using a c
function?

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer