Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide

From: Peter Eisentraut <e99re41(at)DoCS(dot)UU(dot)SE>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide
Date: 1999-12-13 11:03:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
> > Either we should keep the current docs
> > or the release docs online - not both.
>
> I disagree, because they serve different audiences. The snapshot docs
> are very useful to developers, particularly those of us who don't have
> SGML tools installed but still want to know whether the docs we
> committed recently look right or not ;-). Meanwhile, current-release
> documents are clearly the right thing to provide for ordinary users.

Um, you mean you commit docs before you know whether they even "compile"?
As I see it, if you want to edit the docs, you should test them with your
own SGML tools. With recent sgmltools packages, this is not so hard. At
least the patch applicator hopefully does this.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders vaeg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala