Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.

From: Fabio Mancinelli <mancinel(at)univaq(dot)it>
To: Kevin Lo <jwlo(at)ms11(dot)hinet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.
Date: 1998-11-06 18:47:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Kevin Lo wrote:

> % IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=543200
> 1, size=831176, permission=600
> FATAL 1: ShmemCreate: cannot create region

If I am not wrong shmem has to do with X shared memory extension from MIT.
Probably you try to run postgres not on the host you are logged on.
I've seen that postgres can be compiled with X support. Try to disable it.

Bye

P.S. : Probably I am completely wrong! :)

Greetings from Fabio Mancinelli E-Mail : mancinel(at)univaq(dot)it
Computer Science Student xenon(at)olografix(dot)org
University of L'Aquila WWW : http://univaq.it/~mancinel
(PGP Public Key available) http://www.olografix.org/xenon