groups

From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems(at)gdansk(dot)sprint(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: groups
Date: 1999-02-05 08:55:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!
Problem is simple: how to create and manage groups in ver.6.3.2
I know this is impossible by sql, cause it is implmented in 6.4 version.
Advice to upgrade is now useless, cause my admin don't want to do that -
he has to much work.
Especially I'm interested in good understanding of structure of pg_group
class.
Three fields - first is name of group, so it's simple.
Second one is grosysid - how to find it? If I must to create such a group
in the system and than just use its id?
And the last one field grolist - I suppose it is for users, but I'm not
sure (I could be wrong) - here two questions:
if I suppose well - what is the best way for add, search and delete user
from group
and
if I'm wrong - how users are included in group - what is general concept
for this.
TIA
Rem

Remigiusz Sokolowski e-mail: rems(at)gdansk(dot)sprint(dot)pl * *