byte

From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems(at)gdansk(dot)sprint(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: byte
Date: 1999-01-14 14:12:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!
I'm wonder if there is available such a type like byte
I mean integers, which are < 256
I don't find such a type in docs, so I think, I should rather create it by
myself.
Unfortunately I'm new with this stuff, so I need help -
I found construction of needed sql statement, but explanations in docs are
for me too short ;-)
so -
create type byte(
INTERNALLENGTH=1,
INPUT = my_proc_1,
OUTPUT= my_proc_2
);
I understand that INTERNALLENGTH is given in bytes, isn't it?
And second question - are there some functions, which I can use as
my_proc_* or must I write them by myself?
If so - how such functions look like?
TIA
Rem

Remigiusz Sokolowski e-mail: rems(at)gdansk(dot)sprint(dot)pl * *