[Pljava-dev] Arrays support for object views

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Arrays support for object views
Date: 2008-10-09 00:04:37
Lists: pljava-dev

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Krzysztof Nienartowicz wrote:

> By using simply:
> receiver.updateObject(5, new Double[]{1.0,2.0,3.0});
> I finally don't get any errors but the values are not related to the array
> set and always stay the same. Seems they are not initialized properly even.

When I test the same here, I get a crash. Pljava is trying to read the
Double[] as if it was a double[] and that's blowing up. If I change the
array to Datum conversion code to expect Double[] it works, but naturally
other places that are now passing double[] blow up. Pljava has some
smarts about how double and Double are interchangeable, but I'm guessing
that hasn't propagated all the way through the array code. I don't really
understand how the whole type system is supposed to work, so it's
difficult to figure out how to fix this.

Kris Jurka