RE: [GENERAL] Another access control query

From: Mark Jewiss <Mark(dot)Jewiss(at)knowledge(dot)com>
To: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)ghs(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Another access control query
Date: 1999-10-15 08:31:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

> You can add a filename to the "password" keyword. Thsi filename contains the username/crypted password of the users you want to be able to connect from the servip to the dbX.
> The lines in pg_hba looks like :
> host bd1 serverip1 netmask password password.username1
> host bd2 serverip2 netmask password password.username2

This is pretty cool, thanks for pointing it out. Does the documentation
still need doing for this, or is my set out of date?

Also, can you specify a path to the password file? I've tried this, but
can't get it to work, so am assuming not, and that it has to be in the
same directory as the pg_hba.conf file, but just want to check.

Regards,

Mark.
--
Mark Jewiss