Re: [HACKERS] Postgress case insensitive search on FreeBSD3.0

From: Angelos Karageorgiou <angelos(at)awesome(dot)incredible(dot)com>
To: Vadim Valiakhmetov <vadim(at)sibfair(dot)nsc(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Postgress case insensitive search on FreeBSD3.0
Date: 1999-03-08 13:22:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Vadim Valiakhmetov wrote:

> Subject: [HACKERS] Postgress case insensitive search on FreeBSD3.0

> I have encountered strange behaviour of Postgresql-6.4.2 server
> (installed on FreeBSD3.0 from distributive) when I was trying to do
> case-insensitive search in simplest text table (without indexes)

Try to compile with unsigend chars, if the problem persists then you have
the same problem that I witnessed on BSDi.

You will need to manually edit regexp.c and cast all chars to unsigned chars
in all the pg_upper and pg_lower function calls.

--
Incredible Networks LTD Angelos Karageorgiou
20 Karea st, +30.1.92.12.312 (voice)