Re: pg_ctl reload breaks our client

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_ctl reload breaks our client
Date: 2005-09-17 01:36:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Marc....

> Yesterday a client application broke immediately after we issued a
> pg_ctl reload command. The only change we had made was to pg_hba.conf
> to enable trusted connections from localhost.

Can you change pg_hba.conf back to what it had been prior and do a reload
again and check if the clients start working?

I've gotten confused and shot myself in the foot when setting pg_hba.conf
a few times, myself.

brew

Strange Brew (brew(at)theMode(dot)com)
Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website http://www.callpix.com