Re: pg_restore returns error schema objects already exist

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore returns error schema objects already exist
Date: 2005-04-07 20:40:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

David.....

> I'm working with postgres for the first time, and trying to do some
> trial backups and restores.

I backup with pg_dump (using plain text with --clean to drop the
objects). That way I can easily view the database.

To load the data back in I use the command line front end program psql :

psql dbname < backup.sql

However this doesn't work if you have binary data stored in the database.

I'm sure others on the list have some more ideas, too.

Welcome....

brew

Strange Brew (brew(at)theMode(dot)com)
Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website http://www.callpix.com