Database Access Limitation (cann't use IDENT).

From: Oon Arfiandwi Martyono <oon(at)arc(dot)itb(dot)ac(dot)id>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Access Limitation (cann't use IDENT).
Date: 2002-07-04 06:00:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all,
sorry about my english.

I use PostgreSQL-7.2.1 on Linux.
I have a problem to limit Database Access.
I want user X use (ONLY) database Y and user A use (ONLY) database B, and
so on.

Is there another way except use pg_ident.conf ? because i want more
restrictly from pg_ident.conf (every user just use their own database)

On my PostgreSQL, if I use pg_ident.conf to mapping user, why there is no
password check for user in pg_ident.conf map ?

thanks for your answer ..

./oon
Oon Arfiandwi M.
-If I Want to Create DataBase by My Self, where is the URL ?-