Re: Re: 7.1 RPMs

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: 7.1 RPMs
Date: 2001-04-14 18:45:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Do we need to start thinking about an RPM mailing list? Seems there is
> > lots of traffic.
>
> The traffic naturally peaks around release time, and this time
> especially because yours truly messed up the whole build system that
> the packagers were so careful to work around. I trust that in a few
> weeks we'll enter a new quiet period. My vote is that technical
> packaging discussions should go on -hackers just like a makefile
> discussion.

Why not a "pgsql-build", or something like that, list? Where build/make
file discussions can take place? Vs server issues? I'd really like to
find some way of reducing traffic on -hackers like we did with -interfaces
... if we can come up with a good list for it ...

pgsql-build (or a better name?) could be for RPM discussions, just as easy
as Makefile/Configure discussions ...